WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and exciting events in my life. My goal is to encourage whoever may wish to read it. No matter how you enter, I hope you leave with a smile! =)

Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

What are we thankful for today?

 Do we thank God every day? Or do we thank him once a year on Thanksgiving?



We should be thankful every day! We should constantly be praising and thanking GOD for everything he has done in our lives. One of my dad’s favorite songs is Count Your Blessings and normally, he sings it “count your blessings, name them 100 by 100” instead of “1 by 1”… and we always protest because he’s always trying to do something funny. =)



But seriously, we should have hundreds of things to be thankful for every day!



Do you thank him for every little thing?



Did you thank him for your thanksgiving dinner? Like, really thank him? Or did you just overlook it because you knew it was going to be there? Have you thanked GOD for the clothes you are wearing? The shoes on your feet? How about for HIS salvation? Or his mercy? Love? Forgiveness? Patience?



Here is a list of things I am most thankful for:



1. JESUS’ willingness to die on the cross for my sin.

2. HIS loving forgiveness when I sin and repent.

3. My Christian family (I thank him that this includes my immediate family!)

4. Colors! (Otherwise this world would be a dreary place.)

5. A house that holds out the cold weather.

6. A car (MY PARENTS...)

7. A savings account with money in it.

8. A job (3 in fact. All seasonal)

9. A dad who works hard to support my family.

10. A mom who works hard to take care of my family.

11. My ability to witness for CHRIST.

12. The ability to serve the LORD in many ways.

13. A pastor who preaches the word, no matter the season. 2 Timothy 4:2

14. My Bible.

15. An abundance of clothes.



What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment