WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts and exciting events in my life. My goal is to encourage whoever may wish to read it. No matter how you enter, I hope you leave with a smile! =)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Challenging each other to live for CHRIST

When is the last time you had a conversation with your friends that included talking about spiritual things?

When is the last time you prayed with a friend?

When is the last time you gave someone a BIBLE verse to try to encourage them?

When is the last time you stood for something right when your friends seemed to be doing the wrong thing?

When is the last time you were not hesitant to talk about JESUS when you are around unsaved friends?

I must admit, I can remember times i have not stood spiritually. I can remember times when i have tried not to have people know that I am a Christian. There have been times that i believe my saviour has been ashamed of me...

I have a hard time when i work. I work at middle school athletic events and am around a lot of ungodly people. Sometimes, i am ashamed to say, i have tried to "compromise" and act as much like them as i can without going "too far". Myfriends, ANYTIME you try to compromise from what you KNOW is right YOU HAVE ALREADY GONE TOO FAR!!!!!

Until recently, i did not know what an encouragement a shared BIBLE verse could be! I did not know how reassuring and what a blessing it is to know SOMEONE is out there PRAYING FOR me!!! I believe it is my job to try to encourage those around me. I believe it is everyones job. But God calls some to do other things as well.

Romans 12:6-8 
 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.


Exhortation-The form of words intended to incite and encourage. Advice; counsel.

I pray GOD uses this to help not only you who read this, but me as well!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment